Certificate for the first right of mining, which was awarded to the city of Lutterbeck (the ancient name of Bad Lauterberg) in 1521
Last Saturday, October 23, our general meeting took place at ‘Hotel Riemann’ in Bad Lauterberg. Last year, the general meeting had to be cancelled due to corona. In the morning, Mr. Hans-Heinrich Hillegeist guided interested people through the exhibition on mining history - 500 years of mining freedom in the Lutterberg area (today Bad Lauterberg) - in the local history museum of Bad Lauterberg. The exhibition had been opened in the course of the festive week celebrating the 200th birthday of Sebastian Kneipp and 500 years of mining history at the beginning of September; the exhibition can still be visited until the end of November. Seven interested people listened to the explanations of Mr. Hillegeist. Among other things, they could see a model of the Lutterberg castle which was on the local mountain named Hausberg, a model of a tunnel with a water sewer, many photos of mining relics around Bad Lauterberg and old cracks, as well as drawings by Mr. Kießling, who is able to put himself in the time of the 15th and 16th century in a drawing and to translate it as if he had experienced the events himself.